We are happy to announce another update providing improvements and new features to our comprehensive feature list. These features will be available in our new production environment, which will be available at https://ecs-preview.eacg.de starting from Dec 21st, 2017. It will be the new "normal" starting from Jan 2nd, 2018.
The current production environment will be available until Jan, 31st 2018. You may reach it directly using https://ecs-v1.eacg.de. Data migration and cut-over will happen Jan, 2nd. 2018.
While we made many smaller improvements throughout the year, this time it is really a big change and a whole lot of features. That's why we decided to not only provide minor change but a major one.
- New auto-scalable environment - Already the former solution has been hosted on AWS cloud. However, it did not leverage the complete capabilities the environment provides. The new environment makes use of these capabilities and thus allows for more speed, better performance and improved stability even with larger scans.
- New legal engine - We have provided a new version of our legal engine. The knowledge base has been widened, the criteria assessed are even more precise and the list of licenses has been extended, so that under the circumstances of a typical distribution we will cover all licenses in 97% of cases without further assessments.
- New Questionnaire-Design - The legal questionnaire as well as the completion wizard have been re-designed. Now it is split into project specific and module specific questions, so that the project part does not need to be repeated for every module within the project.
- Multi-License-Choice - Whenever we know there are more licenses, you will see the implications of choosing one. And your selection will be documented, so it will become audit-proof which license you have selected.
- Project specific Roles - Since it has been a desire of our clients to have more control over information access, we introduced project specific roles. This allows you to assign a default project manager, a default compliance manager as well as project members to a particular project. Read access will be limited to these members, notifications will be sent to the default roles.
- Team Foundation Server Integration - What has been possible with Jira now is possible with Team Foundation Server as well. You may push tickets to your teams from the mdoule screen inside ECS and follow the status of the tickets in your reports.
- Add components manually - Since it has been possible to add SPDX imports, it now is also possible to add components manually. So you may extend the management of even all that stuff, that we did not grab during the scans.
- Dashboard contains Activity Log - As a project or compliance manager you will get an overview of the most recent actions that have happened on the dashboard. So you immediately might identify spots of change or required activity.
- License Report improved - The license report now contains an overview of the legal circumstances giving more transparency and support in interpreting the results.
- Obligations Report improved - The look and feel of the obligations report has been improved, legal summary eases understanding of circumstances.
- Object ID in Freeze-Module Message - The Object ID in the audit log is now resolved with the correct module name.
Please sign in to leave a comment.